First real day of trekking in Morocco.
We leave Ikhf N'ighir and after an hour's walk in the green valley, I spend five short minutes alongside Saïd Amdah, a resident of the area on his way to work. He's ok for a photo.
Then we branches off to Tizi n' Ait Imi pass that we will cross five hours later - It's good to put the bag down! Remains 3 hours and half of walk to reach our first bivouac.
A rather pleasant environment!
Some statistics of the day (with a 17kg backpack for me)
- Total Duration: 10h 19m 8s
- Total Distance: 22,82 km
- Average Speed: 2,21 km/h
- Maximum Speed: 6,8 km/h
- Average Elevation: 2 379 m
- Minimum Elevation: 1 845 m
- Maximum Elevation: 2 958 m
- Distance Climbed: 2 019 m
- Distance Descended: 1 633 m
- Average Climbing Gradient: +14°
- Maximum Climbing Gradient: +65°
- Average Descending Gradient: -15°
- Maximum Descending Gradient: -80°